2520 King Arthur Blvd. #105
Lewisville, TX 75056
Meet Dr. Glenn Krieger, your Lewisville Orthodontist
Dr. Glenn Krieger spent 20 years as a cosmetic dentist before returning to school to pursue a career in orthodontics. Dr. Krieger is a proud Invisalign Diamond Plus provider, meaning that he treats more Invisalign patients than 99% of orthodontists.
Dr. Krieger values continuing education and has attended hundreds of hours of courses devoted to creating healthy, beautiful smiles. Dr. Krieger is a board-certified member of the American Board of Orthodontics and a fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry.
Why an Orthodontist in Lewisville? Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an orthodontist.
Every orthodontist is a dentist first, even though not every dentist is qualified to be an orthodontist. As an orthodontist, Dr. Krieger has spent additional years studying how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to properly execute the appropriate treatment plan. All orthodontists, including Dr. Krieger must continue their education for an additional 2-3 years before receiving their license and certification.
Why does it matter if you see your Lewisville Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training that gives them the skills necessary to diagnose and treat orthodontic problems. Dentists do, however, receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who aren’t quite old enough to see an orthodontist.
An orthodontist may improve your treatment experience in the following ways:
- Providing more treatment options, with a variety of braces or therapies to choose from.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concern and anatomical characteristics.
- More efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office’s focus area of care.
- Knowing that you’ll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite discrepancies that need to be addressed.
- Being seen quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
Some people believe it’s easier for their regular dentist to complete their orthodontic treatment but we believe convenience shouldn’t be a problem. You’ll only need to visit your Lewisville orthodontist office every six to eight weeks.
Krieger Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable orthodontic treatment in the Lewisville area, and we never want price to be an obstacle. That’s why we accept most major insurance providers and offer convenient payment plans for every budget.